Car troubles followed by a skin rash then bad news from my employer topped with a knee injury, man this day just keeps worsening by the minute. I hope a lot of you can relate to this; having bad news pile on top of bad news. At about 3:00 pm all I wanted to do was crawl into a hole and soak in my misery.
Just a little recap, yesterday was a bad day, really bad day. It started with my car having brake issues.Then I got bad news from my employer. Two hours later, I broke out in a rash on my face, one that I get when I’m stressed and can take days to clear up with antibiotics (I have my convocation ceremony in 2 weeks people!).
This morning I woke up hoping things would get better, but they didn’t. I spent an hour waiting to see the doctor for a prescription, was late for my physiotherapy consultation and found out my IT band is super tight and needs bi-weekly therapy. You really have to just laugh at the situation.
So I’m here now thinking well it could get worse, so how can I change my attitude to attract some positive energy. This is so far what I’ve come up with:
1. Grab a big cup of tea and write down 10 things that are awesome in my life at this moment in time.
- I still have an awesome job
- I’m healthy
- I can still walk and be mobile despite my knee injury
- I have super supportive parents
- My friends are here for me and are great at making me laugh
- I get to see my big brother in a week
- I’m going to Scotland in two weeks
- I have a roof over my head
- I have clean socks 🙂 and comfy sneakers
- My teeth are squeaky clean
2. Look on the bright side of the car situation
- Paying for new brakes is still cheaper then car payments
3. Watch a funny movie
- Knocked Up is always a good option
4. Listen to Carry Bradshaw and all her amazing words of wisdom
Carrie Bradshaw: What makes you think something bad is gonna happen?
Charlotte York: Because! Nobody gets everything they want! Look at you, look at Miranda. You’re good people and you two both got shafted. I’m so happy and… something bad is going to happen.
Carrie Bradshaw: Sweetie, you shit your pants this year. I think you’re done.
5. Bake a cake
Sugar always improves any situation, Period! Try something with a lot of chocolate like a triple chocolate cake. Need I say more people. If this doesn’t improve your situation then it’s really been a bad day.
Getting a good sweat on always helps boost my mood. Try some free options like going for a walk, checking out free events in your area or do something more creative like turning on some awesome tunes and dancing around the house 🙂
7. Take a nap
Sleeping seems to be a good option, then again I love sleep and could do it as a full time job if someone would pay me for it.
8. Watch an inspiration video on you tube
Or just watch you tube. Taking time to get your mind off of the bad day will help you re-evaluate your situation and maybe make you realize things aren’t as bad as they appear.
9. Drink a green smoothie and do something good for yourself
10. Remind yourself that YOU decide how to handle any negativity in life. Let it get you down or use it as a way to enhance your deeper appreciation for life.